It’s time for a “Dux-over” (pronounced “do-over”) -- as in “Rummage ReDux,” where furniture, clothing, home décor and other items that have been recycled, reused, reinvented, or repurposed into “wow” will be showcased at the 2016 Rummage in the Ramp. Artists, crafters, upcyclers and other related Rummage ReDuxers are now being encouraged to submit proposals to display examples of their work and show others how a little creativity can convert old items into something more useful or visually appealing.
Selected proposals will receive a $100 commission to help fund the work. In addition to creating a piece for display, selected ReDuxers will also be required to prepare a photo display board of their work in progress and participate in one or both Rummage ReDux Community Showcases, scheduled Saturday, July 30 from 10 a.m. to noon and Wednesday, August 3 from 5 to 7 p.m.
Application submission procedure
- Submit a one-page statement describing the applicant’s experience and interest in the project.
- Submit images of previous work (no more than six).
- Indicate which Rummage ReDux showcases will be attended: July 30, August 3, or both
- Send proposals electronically in a .pdf format to Jenniferfirstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Monday, July 18.
- All applications will be acknowledged within one working day.
- Artists and upcyclers whose projects have been selected for this year’s Rummage ReDux will be notified by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, July 20.
The tenth annual Rummage in the Ramp is scheduled July 23 - Aug. 3 in the lower level of Chauncey Swan Parking Ramp, across from City Hall in the 400 block of Washington Street. For more information on Rummage in the Ramp or Rummage ReDux, visit www.icgov.org/rummageintheramp or contact Jen Jordan, City of Iowa City Recycling Coordinator, at 319-887-6160 or email@example.com.