Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Stefanie Bowers, Equity Director and Human Rights Coordinator
Apply for the 2023 Racial Equity and Social Justice Grant beginning December 1
The City of Iowa City is accepting applications for a grant program designed to advance racial equity and social justice in the community beginning on Thursday, Dec. 1, 2022. The City Council has allocated $100,000 for Fiscal Year 2023.
This grant opportunity is available to Iowa City-based organizations, both non- and for-profit, with the purpose of encouraging, empowering, and engaging racial equity and social justice initiatives through programs, activities, or services that help eliminate inequities in the Iowa City community.
The proposal should address one or more of these priority areas: Building Communities, Criminal Justice, Education, Employment, Health, and Housing.
- The organization must be physically located in Iowa City.
- The proposal should seek to eliminate inequity in the community (individual, institutional, or structural).
- The proposal must be a new project. Exception, organizations previously funded in the last grant cycle may reapply for the same project to be funded for one additional grant cycle.
- Governments, public schools, and colleges/universities cannot be primary applicants.
- Applicants can request no more than $25,000.
- There are no restrictions on whether applicants are for-profit or not for profit.
The online application is available through Friday, Jan. 6, 2023, at https://www.iowa-city.org/Forms/RESJ.
The Iowa City Human Rights Commission will review all applications and make funding recommendations to the City Council no later than March 31, 2023. Funding will be awarded by June 1, 2023.
It is strongly advised that those who intend to submit an application for the grant to review the recording from the informational sessions. View the recording here.
Questions about the application form or review process should be directed to Equity Director Stefanie Bowers at email@example.com or 319-356-5022.