City Hall and other City of Iowa City offices will be closed Monday, May 28, 2018, for Memorial Day.
Other holiday closures or schedule adjustments are as follows:
Airport: Office closed. Jet Air (FBO) will operate regular hours. Details at icgov.org/airportinfo.
Animal Care and Adoption Center: Closed.
Oakland Cemetery: Office closed on Memorial Day. Decorations can be placed on gravesides on or after May 24. Decorations must be picked up by June 3. Memorial Day services scheduled in the Iowa City area:
- 8:30 a.m.,Ceremony at the foot bridge adjacent to Iowa River Power Company, 501 1st Ave., Coralville, in memory of soldiers and sailors lost at sea. Note the location change due to construction of the Park Road Bridge.
- 9:30 a.m., Service at Oakland Cemetery, 1000 Brown Street, at the Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) lot, located at the flag pole near the Brown Street entrance.
- 11 a.m., Service at Memory Gardens Cemetery, 2600 Muscatine Avenue.
- Public parking ramps will be open, but cashier attendants will not be on duty.
- Fees will not be charged for metered spaces on Memorial Day.
Parks & Recreation: The Robert A. Lee Community Recreation Center and Mercer Park Aquatic Center/Scanlon Gym facilities will be open 6:15 a.m. to 8 p.m. Administrative offices will be closed.
- Opening day for and the Wetherby, Fairmeadows, and Tower Court park splash features is Saturday, May 26.
- Opening day for City Park pool is Saturday, June 2.
Police: Normal operations. Records and administrative offices closed.
Senior Center: Closed. Senior meals will not be served or delivered.
Trash & Recycling: Garbage, recycling, and yard waste will not be collected on Memorial Day. Residents on the Monday route should have materials at the curb by 7 a.m. on Tuesday, May 29, although the City cannot determine exactly when items will be collected. Residents whose pick-up days are Tuesday through Friday should follow their normal schedule.
Transit: Closed. City buses will not operate on Memorial Day.
Water: Closed. In case of a water emergency, call the 24-hour emergency line at 319-356-5166.
Normal City operations will resume on Tuesday, May 29.
For more information, contact Shannon McMahon, Communications Coordinator, at 319-356-5058.