Mopeds and motorcycles cannot be parked in bicycle racks or on sidewalks in Iowa City. Parking is only allowed in a designated moped/motorcycle parking area which requires a permit, a metered parking space on the street, or in a parking stall in one of the City's parking ramps or lots.
- When parked in metered spaces, mopeds and motorcycles must follow regular meter-parking guidelines.
- Mopeds that are parked in bicycle racks or on sidewalks will be subject to a citation, accompanied by a $15 fine.
- Fines for expired meters will be the same as for automobiles.
- Cost of the moped and motorcycle parking permits is $90 per year. Permits may be purchased at the City's Parking Office, 335 Iowa Ave.
- Moped and motorcycle permit parking spaces will need to be vacated each day between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m.