It's almost Halloween once again, so get the costumes in order and get those buckets ready for some serious candy. Soon, kids will set-off for Halloween fun in neighborhoods throughout the City of Iowa City.
To ensure there are only intentional scares, and everything goes smoothly during Trick-Or-Treat Night (5:30-8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31, 2019), here are some important Halloween safety tips!
1. Costumes should be safe for walking.
2. Wear sturdy shoes.
3. Be visible; carry a flashlight or wear something lighted.
4. Children should be accompanied by an adult.
5. Do not enter any homes.
6. Stay away from candles and open flames.
7. Do not eat treats until they are brought home and examined by an adult.
8. Drivers should be alert and on the lookout for children.
Most importantly: have fun!