This page includes several up-to-date resources regarding vaccine availability and information.
Individuals 12 years and older are recommended to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Learn more at the CDC website.
Set up an account at these locations to be alerted when vaccines become available:
- Hy-Vee (How To: At the top right of the page, click "Log in" and "Create an account." Next, create an account in "My Pharmacy.")
- Walgreens (How To: At the top right of the page, click "Account" and "Register.")
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics (How To: Click on "Express Interest.")
- Mercy (How To: Fill out Pre-registration Form)
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Johnson County Public Health
- Mercy Iowa City
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
- 211 Hotline is available as the central resource for those with questions.
- AARP: What to Know About the Coronavirus Vaccines
- Banner Health: COVID-19 Vaccines: 6 Vaccine Myths Explained
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Iowa Department of Public Health: COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Johnson County:
- United Way's Why Should I Get A COVID Vaccine? panel discussion event was recorded and the video is available for viewing.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' We Can Do This Campaign offers resources and information about the importance of getting vaccinated.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA):
VaccineFinder offers a search function to assist with locating where vaccines are available.
For an updated list of public health recommendations for individuals that are considered fully vaccinated, visit the CDC website.