This page includes several up-to-date resources regarding vaccine availability and information.
Community Connection is a video series that highlights the different people and organizations in our community. Each episode, Mayor Bruce Teague interviews guests about a variety of issues that are important to our residents.
Iowa is now in Phase 1B of the state's vaccination distribution plan. In this episode, Susan Vileta of Johnson County Public Health answers key questions about the vaccine process; who is included in this new priority group, how it will be distributed, and the timeline for vaccinating this phase.
You can watch previous Community Connection episodes on City Channel 4's YouTube page.
Set up an account at these locations to be alerted when vaccines become available:
- Hy-Vee (How To: At the top right of the page, click "Log in" and "Create an account." Next, create an account in "My Pharmacy.")
- Walgreens (How To: At the top right of the page, click "Account" and "Register.")
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics (How To: Click on "Express Interest.")
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Johnson County Public Health
- Mercy Iowa City
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
The Senior Center and other City of Iowa City facilities are not vaccination sites. The best place to receive information regarding the COVID-19 vaccine in Johnson County is from Johnson County Public Health (JCPH). Additional resources are available below:
- 211 Hotline is available as the central resource for those with questions.
- AARP: What to Know About the Coronavirus Vaccines
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Iowa Department of Public Health: COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Johnson County:
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA):