The Project will involve sanitary sewer and storm sewer replacement, intake top replacement, pavement milling and resurfacing, and ADA curb ramp replacement along Burlington Street, Governor Street, Johnson Street, and Court Street in Iowa City. This work will include the following estimated quantities: 9,567 tons of asphalt cement concrete, 29,475 sq. yards of pavement milling, 3,391 feet of pcc curb and gutter replacement, 1,868 sq. yards of pcc sidewalk and curb ramp pavement removal and replacement.
The Project will also include street sealcoat work along Taft Avenue, Ridge Park, Napoleon Street, Maier Street in Iowa City. This work will include the following estimated quantities: 13,904 GAL. of chip sealing binder, 700 tons of chip seal cover aggregate, traffic control, other related work.
Project Start: June 11, 2017
Liquidated Damages: $500 per day
Phase 1A: Sanitary Sewer Manhole Replacement at the Burlington Street and Governor Street
- RESTRICTED WORK HOURS - NIGHT WORK REQUIRED (PHASE 1A ONLY)
- Lane closures will be permitted ONLY from 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. beginning at 8:00 p.m. on Sunday and ending at 6:00 a.m. on Friday. Lane closures outside of these hours will not be permitted. Through traffic will be maintained on the project at all times.
Phase 1B: Storm Storm Sewer and Sanitary Installation on Governor Street, Milling and Overlay, Street Patching, Curb, and Curb Ramps along Governor, Burlington, Johnson, Court Street
- Liquidated Damages: $500 per day
- Working Days = 120 days
- RESTRICTED WORK HOURS - NIGHT WORK REQUIRED for PHASE 1A
- University of Iowa home football game days. Lanes closures will not be permitted on University of Iowa home football game days.
- RAGBRI XLVI - July 27th and July 28th 2018. No lane closure or lane restriction will be allowed on July 27th and July 28th 2018 on the IA 1 or US 6, HMA Resurfacing projects in Iowa City to avoid conflicts with RAGBRI XLVI traffic.
Phase 2: Chipseal Surfacing
- Early start: July 1, 2017
Rapids Reproductions, Inc. / Technigraphics
415 Highland Ave Suite 100
Iowa City, IA 52240
$25 per plan set.
Deposit refundable if plans/specifications are returned in reusable condition within 14 days of reward of project.