The Project will involve pcc street patching, storm sewer intake top replacement, asphalt pavement milling and hot mix asphalt resurfacing, ADA curb ramp replacement, new traffic signal, watermain, storm intakes, 9” pcc pavement widening, manhole adjustments. This work will include the following estimated quantities: 9,613 tons of asphalt cement concrete, 22,779 sq. yards of pavement milling, 2,321 sq. yards of pcc patching, 1,401 feet of pcc curb and gutter replacement, 573 sq. yards of pcc sidewalk, 37 storm sewer intake top replacement, 5 storm sewer intakes, 86 feet guardrail, traffic signal with controller, 226 feet water main, 1095 sq. yards 9” pcc paving, 31 manhole adjustments, 500 sta. pavement markings, traffic control, and other related work.
- Start Date: June 18, 2018
- Working Days: 180
Myrtle Avenue Intersection:
- Critical Closure Late Start: July 9, 2018
- Critical Closure Period: 60 days
- Critical Closure Incentive/Disincentive: $1,000 per day
- Maximum Incentive: $10,000
- Maximum Disincentive: None
- RESTRICTED WORK HOURS - NIGHT WORK REQUIRED FOR ALL AREAS EXCEPT MYRTLE INTERSECTION
- University of Iowa Home Football Game Days - Lane closures will not be permitted on UI home football game days
- RAGBRAI XLVI - July 27th and 28th, 2018 - No lane closures or lane restrictions will be allowed on IA Hwy 1 or US Hwy 6. HMA resurfacing projects in Iowa City to avoid conflicts with RAGBRAI XLVI traffic.
Liquidated Damages: $500 per day
Rapids Reproductions / Technigraphics
415 Highland Avenue, Suite 100
Iowa City, IA 52240
$25 per plan set
Deposit refundable if plans/specifications are returned in reusable condition within 14 days of reward of project.