Iowa City, IA 52246
Acquired in 1906
- Adventure Play Playground (poured in place rubber at all access points and slide exits and engineered wood fiber in some sections)
- Playground (Engineered Wood Fiber Surface)
- Shelters (14)
- Baseball Fields (8)
- Tennis Courts
- Horseshoe Courts
- Basketball Court
- Gaga Ball Pit
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Swimming Pool
- Riverside Festival Stage
- Historical Cabins
- Trails/walking paths
- Open Space
- Natural Area
- Ponds - Ice Skating (outdoor)
- The ponds at City Park are closed for the season. While the weather may get colder, it is still not safe to skate on these ponds due to the water flows under the ice. The water movement can create weak spots even as the weather gets colder. Ice covered by snow is unsafe as the snow acts as an insulating blanket and can make the ice weaker, reducing how much weight an ice sheet can support. Parents, please have this safety discussion with your kids. We ask for everyone’s cooperation for safety. Thank you!
- Visit www.icgov.org/rainoutline for ice condition updates or call 319-346-7080.
- Boat Ramp
- Parking available in lots throughout the park
Accessibility Notes: The City Park Adventure Play structures were designed with accessibility and inclusivity in mind. Other play structures in the park and the horseshoe and basketball courts may not have hard-surface accessible routes at this time. Hard-surface walking paths are throughout the park, some shelters and grills have hard-surface access. Designated accessible parking stalls are available in various lots throughout the park, please note that some curb ramps throughout the park may not be up to code at this time. Restrooms may require accessibility updates.
Take a virtual tour of City Park