Senior Center Membership Information
Membership is open to adults 50 years of age and older. Memberships can be purchased throughout the year and are good for one year from the date of purchase. You can become a member by printing and completing the Member Registration Form and mailing it or stopping into the Senior Center with your membership fees.
Member registration form
Annual membership fee:
• Iowa City residents: $40 ($25 per additional household member)
• Non-Iowa City residents: $75 ($45 per additional household member)
Low-income discounts are available.
• Enroll and participate in Senior Center-sponsored classes, programs, activities, volunteer opportunities, groups, and clubs.
• Use the fitness areas, computer lab, and billiards room.
• Access the fitness areas, computer lab, and billiards room: Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Friday from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
• Participate in classes and activities that are reserved for members only and receive reduced participation fees for some classes.
• Receive discounted parking while visiting the Center.
• Participate in any membership appreciation events.
You can renew your membership on the Senior Centers registration site, in person, on the phone or by mailing a check. If you renew early your membership will be good a year from your membership expiration date.
Click here for registration site instructions.
Can't afford a membership, parking or class fees?
Reduced rates may be available depending upon your financial situation. Call Senior Center Operations Assistant Kristin Kromray at 319-356-5221 to see if you qualify.
Visitor memberships are available at a cost of $5 per week. Visit the reception desk to sign up.