Support the Senior Center
Friends of The Center was established in 2003 to provide philanthropic support to the Iowa City/Johnson County Senior Center. As an IRC Section 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization — and with your generous support — Friends helps fill the growing gap between The Center’s annual budget and funding provided by the City of Iowa City and Johnson County Block Grant. Through fundraising and community-based initiatives, Friends of The Center supports The Center in its work to enrich the community and improve the quality of life for adults age 50 and greater. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
- Enhanced and expanded programming
- Building projects and improvements
- Technology and equipment needs
- Need-based member scholarships
- Talented and passionate staff
- Community engagement and outreach
Ways to Make Your Gift:
- Cash or Check made payable to Friends of The Center, delivered or mailed to Friends of The Center at 28 S. Linn Street, Iowa City, IA 52240.
- Online via credit or debit card at icseniorcenterfriends.org.
- To potentially receive a 25% Endow Iowa state tax credit you may choose to make a gift through the Community Foundation of Johnson County to support the Friends of The Center Endowment Fund (here).
- Recurring EFT
- IRA distributions
- Estate and planned gifts
Designate Your Gift to Support:
- Immediate Needs: Current Operations
- Long-Term Support: Senior Center Endowment Fund (at the Community Foundation of Johnson County)
- No Preference: Used to support special projects and further the mission of The Center as decided by the Friends of The Center Board of Directors
Questions or interested in learning more? Contact Jessi Simon, Development Specialist, at 319-356-5216 or email@example.com.