Fall Recreation Registration
Iowa City Parks and Recreation Fall Recreation Registration starts Tuesday, August 17, 2021, at 7 a.m.
- View the Iowa City Parks and Recreation 2021 Summer Recreation Guide.
- View the Iowa City Parks and Recreation plain text ADA 2021 Summer Recreation Guide.
There are a variety of classes and programs available to choose from.
Registering for Activities
Complete class descriptions can be found online in the Activenet registration program. There are two easy ways to register for ICPRD programs.
- Register online at, www.icgov.org/ActivityRegistration
- Register in-person at Mercer Park Aquatic Center.
For rain-out and cancellation information visit, www.icgov.org/RainoutLine
Covid-19 has presented many changes to our normal routines. Iowa City Parks and Recreation is implementing a phased reopening of recreation centers, pools, registered programs, and other activities throughout the spring, summer, and fall of 2021.
- Individuals participating in Iowa City Parks and Recreation programs and events will not be required to wear masks.
- The Robert A. Lee Community Recreation Center is open. The gym and fitness room will be available for patrons however the pool will remain closed until further notice.
- City Park Pool is open for the summer season. For hours visit, icgov.org/pools.
- Pool passes and punch cards are now accepted and can be purchased at, Robert A. Lee Community Recreation Center, Mercer Park Aquatic Center & Scanlon Gym, and City Park Pool.
- Facility and Park Shelter rentals are now available.
- Iowa City Farmers Market is in-person and customers, vendors, and staff are no longer required to wear masks while attending the market.
Gather for desserts and treats from around the world and bring the majesty of all cultures. Immerse yourself in the places and cultures through conversation and activities with culturally diverse individuals. Free with online registration.
Saturdays, 1 - 3 p.m.
- 8/21 - Wetherby Park
Farm to Street Dinner
The community is invited to join us for the 5th annual Farm to Street Dinner on Thursday, August 19th from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. The Iowa City Parks and Recreation Department, in partnership with the Iowa City Downtown District and Johnson County, will hold the Farm to Street Dinner sponsored by Green State Credit Union outside in the middle of North Linn Street in Iowa City. Join us for a beautiful summer evening with delicious food for this one-of-a-kind event.
- This year, attendees can purchase individual tickets or a table for 6. For the safety of attendees, the tables will be distanced from one another, but will still encompass that community table atmosphere.
- Tickets go on sale Tuesday, June 1st at 7:00 a.m. and can be purchased at: www.downtowniowacity.com/events/farm-to-street-dinner
This event aims to bring together eaters throughout our diverse and vibrant community to share a table, a story, and a meal. This incredible six-course meal will be prepared by some of Iowa City’s best chefs utilizing local ingredients. Each selected chef will work closely with local producers to prepare one course of the six-course meal. Along with food, one glass of wine is included in the ticket purchase for all guests age 21+ with valid ID. Additionally, all guests age 21+ are welcome to bring a bottle of wine to enjoy with your meal. “Wine Doggy Bags” will be provided, allowing guests to take unfinished bottles of wine home with them.
FilmScene in the Park
We are launching an outdoor cinema partnership with FilmScene located at Chauncey Swan Park. This inaugural season of curated programming will include five acclaimed films from the past year and six family-friendly selections in partnership with the Summer of the Arts Free Movie Series.
Bring the family out to the garden plots. See what gardening is all about and play yard games. Free, no registration required.
Wednesdays, 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- 7/21 - Chadek Green Park
- 8/11 - Reno Street Park
Inclusive Special Events
Ode to Summer - Celebrate all the good things of the summer. Sunshine and laughter, ball games and lemonade stands. What has been your favorite part? We'll have plenty of yard games to keep you entertained.
- Friday, August 13, 2021
- 5:30 - 7 p.m.
- College Green Park
Party in the Park
We can't wait to sing and dance along with you on Thursdays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. The events will be located in a variety of our parks around the city. Everyone is welcome! Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, or yoga mats. Activities vary each week and include music and crafts. These events are FREE and are for all ages, children must be accompanied by an adult.
Party in the Park dates and locations
- 8/5 - James Alan McPherson Park
- 8/12 - College Green Park
- 8/19 - Fairmeadows Park
- 8/26 - Hunters Run Park
Rec N' Roll
Our Rec N' Roll trailer is coming to a park near you on Tuesdays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. The events will be located in a variety of our parks around the city. Everyone is welcome! Activities vary each week and may include skateboards, scooters, Strider bikes, pedal cars, water play, and more. These events are FREE and are for all ages, children must be accompanied by an adult.
Rec N' Roll dates and locations
- 8/3 - Wetherby Park
- 8/10 - Cardigan Park
- 8/17 - Ashton House
Summer of the Arts Free Movie Series
We are supporting Summer of the Arts Free Movie series by bringing our Rec N' Roll trailer for some free pre-movie fun! Everyone is welcome! Pre-movie activities vary each week.
Movies & Locations
- 8/21 - Aquaman, Riverfront Crossings Park
Swim & Sounds
- Friday, August 6
- 6 - 8 p.m.
- City Park Pool
Donation Request Form
The Iowa City Parks & Recreation Department is pleased to support many community organizations and schools each year by donating recreational experiences that will keep people of all ages living a healthy, social, and active lifestyle.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-356-5100.
Mercer Park Aquatic Center & Scanlon Gym Facility Hours
Monday - Friday, 6:15 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturdays, 6:15 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Sundays 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
For pool hours visit, icgov.org/Pools