The Long-Term Deer Management Plan adopted by City Council and submitted to the Iowa Natural Resources Commission, includes a bow hunt in years 2020 – 2024.
Please note, Iowa City does NOT provide or solicit land for hunters to utilize. Hunters who are interested in applying for the urban deer hunt should review all hunt rules and separation requirements to determine eligible property locations for hunting.
2020 – 2021 Bow Hunt Season
Iowa City’s 2020 – 2021 bow hunt season ended on January 10, 2020. The urban bow hunt results are included in the 2020 - 2021 City of Iowa City Deer Management Annual Report.
How to Apply
The 2020 - 2021 bow hunt season has ended.
Read the Iowa City Bow Hunt Program Application Instructions, Rules, and Information for hunter information and hunt rules, including reporting requirements, buck incentive program information, and tips for a successful hunting season.
While hunting within Iowa City, hunters MUST carry their Iowa DNR hunting license, urban deer license/tags, and permission form associated with the property being hunted.
The 2020 - 2021 bow hunt season has ended and we are not currently accepting applicants.
Note: If you are completing the digital application, you must use your system's PDF viewer in order to use signatures.
- Iowa City Bow Hunt Program Packet (Instructions, rules, information, and all application forms)
- Iowa City Bow Hunt Program Application Instructions, Rules, and Additional Information
- Form #1: Bow Hunt Program Application – REQUIRED BEFORE HUNTING
- Form #2: Bow Hunt Program Permission to Hunt on Private Property Form – REQUIRED BEFORE HUNTING
- Form #3: Bow Hunt Program Waiver of Separation Form – REQUIRED BEFORE HUNTING ONLY IF PROPERTY DOES NOT SATISFY SEPARATION REQS.
- Form #4: Bow Hunt Program Antlerless Deer Harvested Confirmation Report – REQUIRED WHEN HUNTING
- Help Us Stop Hunger (HUSH) deer meat donation information.
Deer Hunt Coordinator: Lt. Zach Diersen.
- E-mail: Zachemail@example.com
- Phone: 319-356-5276