Iowa City Parks and Recreation Department
Covid-19 has presented many changes to our normal routines. Iowa City Parks and Recreation is implementing a phased reopening of recreation centers, pools, registered programs, and other activities throughout the spring, summer, and fall of 2021.
Effective Friday, August 20, 2021
All staff and the public will be required to wear masks in our City Facilities. This includes:
- Entrances at indoor and outdoor pools
- Locker rooms at indoor and outdoor pools
- Decks at indoor pools (NOT outdoor pool) until ready to get into the water
- Individuals participating in Iowa City Parks and Recreation programs and events will not be required to wear masks when outdoors.
- The Robert A. Lee Community Recreation Center is open. The gym and fitness room will be available for patrons. The pool will re-open on Monday, August 23, 2021. For the pool, schedule visit icgov.org/Pools.
- Pool passes and punch cards are now accepted and can be purchased at Robert A. Lee Community Recreation Center, or Mercer Park Aquatic Center & Scanlon Gym.
- Facility and Park Shelter rentals are now available.
- Iowa City Farmers Market is in-person. Customers, vendors, and staff are required to wear masks inside the ramp while attending the market.
Iowa City Parks & Recreation Commission
The Parks and Recreation Commission meets monthly on the second Wednesday of each month at 5 p.m. Visit the Iowa City Parks and Recreation Commission page for more information.
Follow Us on Social
Stay up to date by following us on our social media platforms. Don't forget to tag us in your posts.
- Parks and Recreation Facebook - @icparksandrec
- Farmers Market Facebook - @iowacityfarmersmarket
- Parks and Recreation Instagram - @icparksandrec
- Farmers Market Instagram - @icfarmersmarket
Quick Page Navigation
Click on the links below to easily navigate to the page you are looking for.
- Activity Registration
- Event Cancellations/Rainout Line
- Event Facilities
- Iowa City Farmers Market
- Master Plan
- Oakland Cemetery
- Parks and Forestry
- Parks and Recreation Foundation
- Park Projects
- Recreation Centers and Fitness Room
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-356-5100
Mercer Park Aquatic Center & Scanlon Gym Facility Hours
Monday - Friday, 6:15 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturdays, 6:15 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Sundays, 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
For pool hours visit, icgov.org/Pools