The Neighborhood Council of Iowa City, a collaboration of neighborhood associations, is also staffed by the Neighborhood Outreach Coordinator. The Neighborhood Council works as one unit in an effort to address common issues or concerns of all neighborhoods.
The Neighborhood Council also oversees and implements the Program for Improving Neighborhoods (PIN) grant program.
The grant program, which was provided $20,000 in Fiscal Year 18, is available to neighborhood associations to make improvements in their neighborhood.
Maximum grant amount is $5,000, and the application process occurs in the spring of every year with funds available July 1. Contact Marcia Bollinger for more information or call 319-356-5237.
The following are sample documents for the PIN grant program. Updates will occur annually in January for the next funding year.
How to from a neighborhood association
- Talk to some neighbors to determine if there is interest.
- Contact the City's Neighborhood Outreach Coordinator Marcia Bollinger at 319-356-5237 or Marcia-Bollinger@iowa-city.org. She can help you arrange a convenient location in your neighborhood, advertise and promote the meeting.
- Establish common goals and needs of the neighborhood at the neighborhood meeting and initiate a process to accomplish these goals.
Contact Neighborhood Outreach Coordinator Marcia Bollinger with questions.
List of neighborhood associations and contacts
- Bluffwood -Dick Dorzweiler - 917 Bluffwood Dr. 52245
- Broadway - Vacant
- Bryn Mawr Estates - Vacant
- College Green - Nancy Carlson, 1002 E Jefferson & Jim Walters, 1033 E Washington 52245
- Country Club Estates - Tim Gholson, 1332 Phoenix Dr 52246
- Creekside - Eric Jones, 714 3rd Ave 52240
- Eastside - Vacant
- Galway Hills - Nancy Leavesseur, 742 Tipperary 52246
- Goosetown - Katy Krapfl, 1131 E Davenport 52245
- Grant Wood - vacant
- Longfellow - Lorraine Bowans, 510 S Governor 52240
- Lucas Farms - Derek Johnk, 1405 Keokuk and Judy Nyren, 1219 Ginter 52240
- Manville Heights - Marilyn Rosenquist, 323 Mullin 52246
- Melrose Ave - Jean Walker, 335 Lucon Drive 52246
- Miller Orchard - Mary Knudson, 725 W Benton St and Paula Swygard, 426 Douglass St 52246
- Mormon Trek Village - Vacant
- Morningside/Glendale - Vacant
- Parkview Terrace/Normandy - Mary Murphy, 890 Park Place 52245
- Northside - Sarah Clark, 509 Brown Street 52245
- Oak Grove - Astrid Bennett, 909 Webster St 52240
- Paddock Neighborhood -vacant
- Peninsula Area Neighborhood - Catherine Wilcox, 119 Taft Speedway 52245
- Penny Bryn - Rachel Zimmermann Smith
- Pepperwood - Vacant
- Shimek - Vacant
- South Pointe - Vacant
- SW Estates - Vacant
- Ty'n Cae - Judy Pfohl, 2229 Abbey Lane 52246
- Walden Woods - Vacant
- Walnut Ridge - Sara Braverman, 34 Redbud Place 52246
- Waterfront - Joyce Barker, 2018 Waterfront Dr. 52240
- Washington Hills - Robin Butler, 110 Schrader 52245
- Weeber-Harlocke - Vacant
- West Side - Vacant
- Wetherby Friends & Neighbors - Jerry Hansen, 1239 Burns
- Windsor Ridge - Chrissy Chambliss, 4731 Cantebury Court 52240
Many Iowa City neighborhood associations use www.nextdoor.com to communicate with their neighbors, and receive updates from the City of Iowa City regarding street closures, leaf pick up schedule, recreation programs and many other topics. If you live in Iowa City be sure to sign-up to receive updates and information on Nextdoor.