1. Development's Stormwater Information
Contact the residential development's current owner or the individual from whom the property was purchased in order to obtain the following stormwater information which is required for the City's CSR permit for single-family home construction in a development covered under a current NPDES permit.
- Notice of Intent
- Location and status of the Development SWPPP, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan
- NPDES permit number
- Copy of the SWPPP public notification
- SWPPP Transferee certification, if applicable
For more information on Development's stormwater compliance process refer to Contractors for Construction Projects of One or More Acres.
2. City of Iowa City Construction Site Runoff Permit
Building Inspection Services requires the following documents, which can be found in our Construction Site Runoff Permit Application Packet (below), must be submitted in order to obtain a CSR Permit:
Construction Site Runoff Permit Application (web form)
Complete application includes:
- A properly completed CSR application
- Project Subcontractors and Estimated Scheduling
- CSR Permit SWPPP Review Checklist
- Design Standards/Special Conditions
- Site Inspection Form Templates
- 11x17site plan that details site stormwater pollution prevention controls
Construction activities may proceed once the CSR permit has been issued and the proper installation of required Best Management Practices (BMPs) have been inspected and approved by the Neighborhood and Development Services Department.
For more information on the City of Iowa City Construction Site Runoff Program, contact:
Development Regulations Specialist
Building Inspection Services
410 E Washington, Iowa City IA 52240