Did you know?
Over the last five years, Green Iowa AmeriCorps members have helped weatherize hundreds of Iowa City homes, hosted thousands of residents at environmental education events, and performed numerous other service activities!
Learn more about their work and ways to get involved:
Dame's Rocket Invasive Species Pull
Join Green Iowa AmeriCorps and Bur Oak Land Trust in removing this invasive species from the Pappy Dickens Preserve. We will be removing the flowering heads and the seed pods to help deplete the seed bank, which will help promote the growth of native species in the area. Meet at the OLD North Dodge HyVee parking lot (see location details on the registration link).
- Meet at the OLD North Dodge HyVee parking lot, 1201 N Dodge St:
- 5:30-7:30 p.m. Sunday, June 26
- 5:30-7:30 p.m. Monday, June 27
- 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, June 30
- 5:30-7:30 p.m. Friday, July 1
These walks will cover many of the key species we find in our area at this time of year, all while exploring many of Iowa City's beautiful parks and neighborhoods. Bring your own binoculars!
- Meet at the Sycamore Bottoms trailhead at the Kicker's parking lot, 4400 Soccer Park Rd.
- 10-11:30 a.m. Sunday, June 26
- 5-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 28
- 5-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 26
- Meet at at north entrance to Hickory Hill Park, 800 Conklin Ln.
- 10-11:30 a.m. Sunday, July 3
- 5-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 5
- 10-11:30 a.m. Sunday, July 31
5-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, August 2
- Meet at Terry Trueblood Lodge, 579 McCollister Blvd.
- 5-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 12
- 10-11:30 a.m. Sunday, August 7
- Meet at the Waterworks Prairie Park entrance, 2875 N Dubuque St.
- 10-11:30 a.m. Sunday, July 17
- 5-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 19
- 5-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, August 9
Eco Trivia Night at Big Grove
Join or assemble a team and participate in an Eco Trivia Night! Doors open at 6 p.m. Trivia will run 7-8 p.m. Meet at the Event Room at Big Grove Brewery & Taproom, 1225 S. Gilbert St.
- 6-8 p.m. Thursday, July 28
In conjunction with Iowa City Parks and Recreation's Rec n' Roll at Terry Trueblood, Green Iowa AmeriCorps will be hosting a discussion on nature and spirituality. No registration required.
- 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesday, July 19
Questions about any upcoming events? Trouble registering?
Call 319-339-5399 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Home Energy Audits
Sign up for a home energy audit, and the Green Iowa AmeriCorps team will bring special equipment to your home to measure the efficiency of your home construction, identify air leaks, caulk and seal gaps around windows and doors, replace old incandescent bulbs with efficient LED bulbs, and more!
The service is FREE and can save you money on your energy bill.
Call 319-339-5399 for more information.