The terms and conditions of employment with the City of Iowa City are established by a combination of internal guiding policy and regulation documents, collective bargaining agreements, and applicable laws.
Select a topic below to be directed to the specific section on this page.
The following policies establish general employment rights and provisions which are applicable to all City employees.
- Employee Handbook
- Personnel Policies
- City of Iowa City Drug and Alcohol Policy (DOT)
- Administrative Regulations
- FMLA, or Family and Medical Leave Act
- Family and Parental Leave Policy
- Telecommuting/Work from Home Guidelines
- Privacy Practices Notice
- Additional general City Policies
Permanent City of Iowa City employees are covered by one of three collective bargaining agreements or the Administrative and Confidential employment manual for non-bargaining staff.
Fiscal Year 2021 pay plans took effect June 28, 2020.