Access and Disability Services Coordinating Committee
The purpose of the Iowa City Area Access and Disability Services Coordinating Committee is to bring together local organizations, stakeholders, and individuals so our community can better coordinate advocacy efforts, service delivery, and problem-solving related to common access barriers or other issues impacting people with disabilities.
Any interested individuals or organizations from the Iowa City area are welcome to attend and/or participate in the committee.
Please note, this is an informal committee designed to foster interagency communication. This committee is not a decision-making, policy-making, or oversight board.
The Committee meets every other month in odd months on the second Thursday at 10 a.m. via Zoom. 2023 meeting dates:
- November 10, 2022 at 10 a.m.
- January 12, 2023 at 10 a.m.
- March 9, 2023 at 10 a.m.
- May 11, 2023 at 10 a.m.
- July 13, 2023 at 10 a.m.
- September 14, 2023 at 10 a.m.
- November 9, 2023 at 10 a.m.
Please e-mail ADACoordinator@iowa-city.org if you would like to be added to the committee mailing list.
Zoom Meeting Information
- Join Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 876 6407 5317
- One tap mobile: +13126266799,,87664075317# US (Chicago)
- Dial-in (use Meeting ID above): +1-312-626-6799
Links to information on Zoom accessibility, keyboard shortcuts, and using Zoom with JAWS below.
Zoom keyboard shortcuts are helpful to navigate Zoom without using a computer mouse:
- F6: Navigate among Zoom popup windows.
- Ctrl+Alt+Shift: Move focus to Zoom's meeting controls
- Alt: Turn on/off the option to always show meeting controls
- Alt+A: Mutes and unmutes the microphone
- Alt+V: Start/stop video
- Alt+Y: Raises or lowers a hand.
JAWS 2019 to 2020 includes Zoom shortcuts providing additional controls. Alt+Windows enables or disables alert events, Alt+Windows+A repeats the last alert, and Control+1 through Control+0 reads out the most recent chat messages. JAWS 2016 to 2018 doesn’t include Zoom shortcuts by default. Learn more about Zoom meetings and JAWS.
If you will need disability-related accommodations in order to participate, please contact the ADA Coordinator Rachel Kilburg at 319-356-5014 or e-mail ADAcoordinator@iowa-city.org. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time to meet your access needs.