2019 LIHTC Project Matching Funds
The City is making $200,000 available for housing developers applying for 2019 Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) projects. Interested applicants must apply through the Housing Trust Fund of Johnson County Revolving Loan Fund application process to be considered for City funds. Applications are due at 4:00 p.m. on September 14, 2018.
FY20-21 Aid to Agencies Funding Round
Aid to Agencies provides flexible funding for agencies providing public services. Any organization serving Iowa City that has existed as a legal entity for at least two years and received Iowa City Aid to Agency funding in any year between FY15-19 may apply. Applications are available through the United Way Joint Funding process at http://www.unitedwayjwc.org/fy20-joint-funding-application and are due by 5:00 pm on September 14, 2018.
References for CDBG/HOME Recipients:
- CDBG and HOME Income and Rent Limits
- 2018 Utility Allowances
- 2018 HUD Utility Allowances
- Part 5 Income Calculation Form for HOME Projects
- Income Survey for CDBG Projects
Affordable Housing Location Model
- Housing and Equity in Iowa City: Investigating Trends of Housing Inequality in the Iowa City Metropolitan Area - 2016
- Affordable Housing Market Analysis - funded by Iowa City, Coralville, North Liberty, Tiffin and University Heights
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice - 2014
- Report from the Johnson County Affordable Housing Task Force - 2009
Other Planning Documents
- Continuum of Care for the Homeless - 2006
- Citizen Participation Plan - September 19, 2017
- Affirmative Marketing Plan - 2013
- Affordable Housing Definitions - 2016
Consolidated Plan (CITY STEPS)
This five-year plan guides the allocation of funding for housing, jobs and services for low-to-moderate income persons.
- CITY STEPS (2016-2020 Consolidated Plan) Effective July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2020 - approved 12/2/2014
- Amendment #1 - approved 5/5/2015
Annual Action Plans
The Annual Action Plan describes the federally funded activities of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership Programs (HOME), among others, to be undertaken by the City during the fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). The plan is a sub-part of Iowa City's Consolidated Plan titled, CITY STEPS.
- FY19 Annual Action Plan - approved 5/29/2018
- FY18 Annual Action Plan - approved 6/20/2017
- FY17 Annual Action Plan - approved 5/3/2016
- FY16 Annual Action Plan - approved 6/2/2015
Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Report (CAPER)
A U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development required report that describes the federally funded activities and accomplishments.