City Steps 2025 Consolidated Plan Draft
This five-year plan guides the allocation of funding for housing, jobs and services for low-to-moderate income persons The draft is currently in a public comment period until Council adoption, consideration of which will be given on January 7, 2020.
- DRAFT City Steps 2025 (2021-2025 Consolidated Plan) Effective July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2025 - HCDC consideration 12/19/19, Council consideration 1/7/20
FY21 Legacy Aid to Agencies Funding Round
Aid to Agencies provides flexible funding for agencies providing public services. Eligible organizations are those that served Iowa City and received FY20 Aid to Agencies funding. Applications were available through the United Way Joint Funding process and were due by 5:00 pm on September 12, 2019.
- FY21 Aid to Agencies Applications
- FY21 Ranking Sheet
- FY21 Priorities for funding
- FY21 Aid to Agencies Changes
- FY20 Aid to Agencies Changes
Aid to Agencies Final Reports
Final reports for the previous fiscal year include programs/projects supported by city funding, agency successes and challenges, and demographics of residents served.
CDBG/HOME & Emerging Aid to Agencies Funding Round
Applications for FY20 CDBG, HOME, and Emerging Aid to Agencies projects will become available December 17, 2018 with applications due January 18, 2019. You can find a detailed timeline here.
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) programs help develop viable urban communities through projects that principally benefit low- and moderate-income persons, including public facility, affordable housing, and other eligible activities listed in the Applicant Guide. For FY21, the City expects approximately $542,000 to be available in CDBG/HOME funds. Of this, around $397,000 must be allocated to affordable housing activities: acquisition, rehabilitation, new construction, or direct assistance for renter- or owner-occupied housing.
Informational Workshop: Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the following event:
- Date: Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2019
- Time: 11 a.m.
- Location: Emma Harvat Hall in City Hall, 410 E. Washington St.
Upon request, an alternative workshop session can be made available at 11 a.m. on Jan. 24. The application and materials will be available following Council approval of the draft City Steps 2025 Consolidated Plan. Last year's materials are as follows:
- FY20 CDBG/HOME Applications
- CDBG/HOME Application Guide
- Pro Forma
- Pro Forma Instructions
- FY20 CHDO Certification
Emerging Aid to Agencies
Aid to Agencies (A2A) provides flexible operational funding for nonprofits providing public services. The City does not yet have a budget available for “emerging” agencies that have not recently received A2A funding. The application from last year can be found below:
References for CDBG/HOME:
- CDBG and HOME Income and Rent Limits
- 2019 ICHA Utility Allowances
- 2019 HUD Utility Allowances
- Part 5 Income Calculation Form for HOME Projects
- Income Survey for CDBG Projects
Affordable Housing Location Model
- Housing and Equity in Iowa City: Investigating Trends of Housing Inequality in the Iowa City Metropolitan Area - 2016
- Affordable Housing Market Analysis - funded by Iowa City, Coralville, North Liberty, Tiffin and University Heights
- 2019 Fair Housing Choice Study (Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice)
- Report from the Johnson County Affordable Housing Task Force - 2009
Other Planning Documents
- Continuum of Care for the Homeless - 2006
- Citizen Participation Plan - September 19, 2017
- Affirmative Marketing Plan - 2013
- Affordable Housing Definitions - 2016
Consolidated Plan (CITY STEPS)
This five-year plan guides the allocation of funding for housing, jobs and services for low-to-moderate income persons.
- DRAFT City Steps 2025 (2021-2025 Consolidated Plan) Effective July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2025 - HCDC consideration 12/19/19, Council consideration 1/7/19
- CITY STEPS (2016-2020 Consolidated Plan) Effective July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2020 - approved 12/2/2014
- Amendment #1 - approved 5/5/2015
Annual Action Plans
The Annual Action Plan describes the federally funded activities of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership Programs (HOME), among others, to be undertaken by the City during the fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). The plan is a sub-part of Iowa City's Consolidated Plan titled, CITY STEPS.
- FY20 Annual Action Plan - approved 6/4/2019
- FY19 Annual Action Plan - approved 5/29/2018
- FY18 Annual Action Plan - approved 6/20/2017
- FY17 Annual Action Plan - approved 5/3/2016
- FY16 Annual Action Plan - approved 6/2/2015
Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Report (CAPER)
A U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development required report that describes the federally funded activities and accomplishments.