With the additional leaves that have fallen, the Streets Division will see more leaf piles. More leaf piles will begin to slow progress through each zone. We are doing our best to estimate progress. Please check back daily as schedule adjustments are likely.
Leaf crews began the final pass of the City on Monday, November 21st in Zone #3. We will proceed in numerical order and will move into Zone #4 after Zone #3 has been completed. Crews will not return to any of the zones once collection has been completed. Additionally, crews will not return for piles raked after the area has been collected or for piles not collected due to parked cars.
Please keep in mind, the continuation of the program is always weather permitting & is subject to end at any time due to winter weather. We urge you to not hesitate in getting your leaves out to the curb.
To guarantee pickup, have all of your leaves at the curb by 7 a.m. on the first day your zone is scheduled. View the zone map at www.icgov.org/leafvacuum.
• Tuesday, Nov. 29: Collecting in Zone #5 (Final Pass)
• Wednesday, Nov. 30: Collecting in Zone #5 (Final Pass) & Entering Zone #6 (Final Pass)
• Thursday, Dec. 1: Collecting in Zone #6 (Final Pass) & Possibly Entering Zone #7 (Final Pass)
• Friday, Dec. 2: Collecting in Zone #7 (Final Pass) & Possibly Entering Zone #1 (Final Pass)
• Monday, Dec. 5: Collecting in Zone 1 (Final Pass) & Entering Zone #2 (Final Pass)
The leaf schedule is subject to change and will be updated daily. To receive updates via e-mail, visit www.icgov.org/e-subscriptions and select “Leaf Vacuum Program”. For more information about the Leaf Vacuum Program visit www.icgov.org/leafvacuum.
Main Break Address: 1737 Gleason Ave
Time shutdown occurred: 1:00 pm
Areas affected: 1700 -1900 blocks of Gleason Ave
Main breaks usually take 3-6 hours to repair. If you need more information call the Water Division Emergency Line at 356-5166.
“No Parking Due to Maintenance – Tow Away Zone” signs will be posted on portions of six City streets to facilitate leaf removal.
On Monday, November 28, the following streets will be posted for leaf removal that will begin at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, November 30th:
• The 300-800 Blocks of S. Summit St.
• The 300-500 Blocks of S. Governor St.
• The 300-500 Blocks of S. Lucas St.
• The 600 Block of E College St.
• The 900 Block of Bowery St. -The North (Even) Side of the Street
• The 600 Block of S Clinton St.
Cars should be removed from the streets before 7 a.m. Cars that are found on the street in front of leaf piles will be subject to towing. Once the leaves have been removed the signs will be taken down & parking will again be allowed. It is anticipated that regular on street parking will resume by 2 p.m. that day.
For more information about the Leaf Vacuum Program visit www.icgov.org/leafvacuum or you may contact the Streets Division office by phone at 319-356-5181.